eVolve Electrical v5.2.6
- Downloads: http://evolvemep.com/downloads
- Feedback and Ideas: https://www.evolvemep.com/evolve-electrical-ideas/
- Support: https://www.evolvemep.com/contact-support/
- Autodesk® Revit® 2020.2.4
- Autodesk® Revit® 2021.1.3
- Autodesk® Revit® 2022.1.0
The latest 5.2.6 release is a collection of changes focused on continued stability and ease of use. More than a dozen customer reports have been addressed, in addition to many UI tweaks to make things easier to find. For a quick summary, see the changelog below.
Thank you to our community for continuing to provide feedback and ideas that continue to build this product!
- New Version Download Available Notice – To make upgrading simpler as simple as it should be, when a new version comes out, a button will appear on the ribbon which you can use to download the update directly.
- Reset View Visibility Shortcut – For our frequent users of Element Filters, you can now set a shortcut to the Reset View command in the pane.
- Multi-Trim for Parallel – You can now use Multi Trim in even more scenarios, including if you just need to fill in the large gaps in a straight run.
- API Updates – We have added additional calls for our API! We will spare you the details but for all our programmers, make sure to check out our documentation file!
- Setting Shortcuts in Dialogs – We wanted to make both finding, and changing settings on the fly easier. So, when commands are controlled by settings, you can easily open them without having to leave where you are.
- Trapeze Improvements – We added a few updates to trapeze including the ability to repeat placing single hangers, and recognizing tiers that have large distances between them.
- Record Circuit Info - When assigning a cable to a load center, the circuit number of the cable is now recorded so that it's easy to know what is connected to the panel and pull cabling information.
- Sleeve Placement Model Origin Points – We have tacked this problem one more time to ensure no matter how your project is set up, Sleeve Placement recognizes where they should be placed.
- 2" PF Conduit Elbow Error - In Revit 21 & 22, 2” conduit elbows had some unexpected behavior if you needed to draw more than one uncommon in a run
- Automation of eVolve parameters in View Templates – We will spare you the details, but now all view templates in your project will work for prefab packages automatically.
- Sleeves Configuration with Duplicate Family Names – You previously would receive an error if you had multiple families with either the same name or type in your model.
- Package Sheet Generation – Generating sheets for packages didn’t work quite as expected when doing so through the manager.
- Rod Extension – We made a couple of under the hood improvements to rod extensions including the extend to reference level feature and accounting for rod insert depth in tier 3 and 4
- Parameter Sync False Flags – We had some rare behavior where embed filters and standalone element filters would have different results.
- Licensing Changes – In order to address some recent discoveries with our licensing system we have temporarily disabled the Concurrent Mode and Non-Admin modes for the system. This is only temporary however please reach out to support with any concerns.
- Place Coupling Updates – There were quite a few updates to the place coupling commands including
- No longer ignores change of direction on Z axis
- No longer skips stub 90 for change of direction
- Is more through when handling certain conduits
- Stub 90 Reporting – Stub 90 now accurately reports ‘eE_ConduitBend_Angle1' and ‘DimA' values
- Run Schedule - Modeled Runs incorrectly displayed 'Add new row'
- Fix Pullbox Criteria Rule – Unfortunately, some customers were receiving a “infinite loop error” from one our parameter sync rules. We went back to the drawing board and have addressed this.
- Changed eVolve Identity Data parameters to type when possible
- Updated Mfg & Model fields
- All families with Points have points defaulted on
- All families with Points are now filterable, eVolve_CategoryId = Layout Point
- All families with hardware have been defaulted to 3/8"
- New Floor Box families. Square, Round, Round w/Poke-Through
- Wireway family bug fixes
- Added Emergency symbol to top of Lighting Fixtures
- Added Power Connectors to All Equipment and Lighting Families
- New Aluminum Rack Family
- Panelboard cover bug fixed
- New Point Parameters
- Added Combo 90 type and Combo 45 type to 90 & 45 Deg Wireway families
- Added rounding feature to threaded rod assembly
- Added ability to offset symbols to front and side with in wall rough. Option to rotate symbols.
- Added strut and floor anchors to post base fitting families
- Updated multiple template schedules for proper reporting
- Fixed bond bushing bushing gap for 1-1/2" size
- Extended center snap line in all strut family
- Added points to condulet boxes
- Added 3D text to junction boxes
- Changed conduit_id tag to be a multicategory tag
- Fixed issues with in wall rough item counts not updating
- Supported alongside an installation of _eVolve Electrical v5.0_ only, any other versions of electrical may encounter issues.
- Project must be set to 1/16 precision of better.
- Category-based rules were removed from Parameter Sync, Workset Manager, and Macro Automation. Any existing rules within these tools utilizing this methodology will fail until they are updated.
- Settings stored within projects are not compatible with pre-5.0 format. To avoid issues and overwrites, all users should be running the same product version for a given Revit release.
- If a user is actively using both 5.0 and a version prior on the same machine (across different versions of Revit), the following user machine configuration values will be erased/reset back to default after closing Revit where a previous version was loaded.
- Assign Level settings
- Family Browser option to turn off default library
- Selection Filter rule option for case sensitive search
- When multiple custom properties with the same name are present, only the first one will be editable in the eVolve Properties grid. Additionally, the respective eM_ property with the same name will have the data type of this first entry.
- When a license is disabled, automatic processes will not run which can cause the elements they update to become "stale" and/or lead to data issues:
- Parameter Sync, Workset Manager, and Macro Automation may not work correctly until a project is saved with a unique RVT file name.
- If a Revit Workset referenced in a Workset Manager rule is deleted then Workset Manager configuration must be addressed immediately, otherwise elements may continue to be assigned to the deleted Workset.
- A licensed version of Microsoft Excel must be installed on the local machine for some import/export functionality to work.
- If both eVolve Electrical and eVolve Mechanical are installed on the same machine, Workstation Settings must have Enable PowerShell in Parameter Sync enabled within all products.