Create Custom Shape Kit Area
To Create a Custom Shape Kit Area
- From the Architectural Ribbon, in the Build panel, select Component then Model In-Place.
- When the Family Category and Parameters window appears, Select Generic Models and click OK.
- Next, a Name window will appear. In the value field, enter the name of the kit area to be created. For this purpose, the prefix eE_Kit_Area Must be used or the program will not recognize the area as a kit area. Additional text can be added after the prefix, as shown below. Click OK.
- From the Forms panel, in the Create ribbon, click Extrusion. Select the appropriate drawing tool and draw the shape of the custom kit area.
- From the Properties Palette, Adjust the Extrusion_End parameter to the height of the area being kitted.
- Click Finish
- Click Finish Model to complete this process. From the model select the new custom kit area and edit the kitting parameters exactly as done with standard kitting areas.
Make sure that the eE_Kitid_Layout checkbox is checked and dark in color. If it is grayed out, the kit parameters won't push to the parts inside it.