eVolve Draw Conduit
eVolve Electrical has taken Revit’s basic conduit feature and enhanced it to load preconfigured eVolve conduit families. eVolve automatically adds drawn conduit and fittings into streamlined bom’s and schedules with no additonal information needed to be added.
The Conduit window displays two preconfigured eVolve Conduit families, which can be further customized by the user. The Factory Elbows option will display multiple type and material options for drawing with standard factory angles. This family will load with the appropriate fittings assigned to each type and will appear in the appropriate BOM. These types can be assigned a tolerance in the Edit Type window to allow users to draw angles within a tolerance and still appear in the BOM as factory bends. Angles drawn outside of the tolerance appear in the BOM as conduit length.
The Prefab Bends option will display multiple type and material options for drawing with prefabbed bends in mind. Rather than loading with fittings, this family loads with an eVolve Offset family in its place. Users can utilize the split element tool on a prefab bend conduit and the offset will be automatically placed with full adjustability. Bends appear in the BOM as conduit length.
The eVolve Conduit Types Window
Name- The type name of the conduit.
CategoryId- The category to group the conduit in. Editable in window.
SubCategoryId- The subcategory to group the conduit in. Editable in window.
Description- The eE_Description parameter which will appear in schedules and boms. Editable in window.
Bend- Which bend family to use with the conduit.
Tee- Which tee to use with the conduit.
Union- Which coupling type to use with the conduit.
To Open and Utilize the eVolve Conduit Types Window
- From the eVolve Electrical ribbon, in the Raceways panel, click the Draw Conduit button to bring up the Conduit Types window.
- Select a type and click OK.
Loading an item from this menu or clicking Load Types will load all the conduit families into the project. This allows much faster drawing by eliminating family load times after the initial load. All the conduit can then be accessed in standard Revit locations, the eVolve Ribbon, or by typing the “CN” keyboard shortcut.
To Change a Type Description
- From a project view, select the conduit to be renamed.
- From the Properties Palate window, click Edit Type.
- From the Type Properties window, in the Value field next to the Description parameter, type the new description. Click OK.
- From the eVolve Electrical ribbon, in the Conduit Panel, click the Conduit button.
- From the Conduit Types window, click in the description field of the type being changed.
- Enter the new description. Click Ok.