How do I use my license on multiple computers?
The number of eVolve licenses that can be used at one time is dependant on the number of licenses owned. For example, if 4 licenses are owned, all or some can be used simultaneously. If only one is owned, it can only be used on one device at a time.
To Use a Single License on Multiple Devices
- eVolve Electrical must be installed on both devices.
- From the eVolve Electrical Ribbon, in the Resources Panel, click the About button (an "i" inside a circle, see below) to open the About Drop Down Menu.
- To deactivate the active license, click Deactivate License.
- To activate that license for the New device, start by repeating steps 1 & 2.
- To Activate the license, click Reactivate License.
Automating License Deactivation and Reactivation
This process can also be automated for those that switch devices often and don't have a license for each device.
- From the eVolve Electrical Ribbon, in the Resources Panel, click the Settings button.
- From the Settings Drop Down, click Workstation Settings.
- In the Workstation Settings window, Check the Box for Enable Concurrent License Mode, and click Apply or OK.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on the second device.
With this feature enabled, The license will automatically deactivate when Revit is closed. When Revit is opened on the next device, it will display a prompt to activate the license.