The Integration Profiles feature allows for the creating and management of custom profiles to use with the CSV Data Exchange feature.
- Create an Export or Import profile that contains the following: Profile name, description, element filter, and export direction
- Define the CSV file data, order, and options:
- Order - First column, second column, etc.
- Column Name - this will be the column header in the export or import
- Description - this is to help note the purpose of the column, but this field is not used in the CSV file itself.
- Parameter - This is the parameter name that contains the data to be exported or imported
- Use Display Value - provide the display value users see in Revit (e.g. 2' 6") or provide the raw/underlying value stored in Revit (e.g. 2.5)
- Parameter Scope: Allows for fine control over the respective Parameter. A checked selection indicates parameters of the respective scope are eligible. At least one option must be selected. The default is all values selected.Type will not be allowed as a selection for Import profiles.
How to use this feature
Export and Import Integration: These buttons will export the highlighted integration profile, including the CSV definition.
When creating an integration, it will also be necessary to define an element filter that provides the feature with criteria of which elements to search for. For example, Revit categories that the elements are on must be defined. However, parameter rules do not have to be defined. Defining them would be stating that the elements within those selected categories must also meet the parameter rule that was created.
With the Integration Profile highlighted, start to create the CSV fields for the export.
Be sure to save and test the export to confirm the parameter is working as expected.
This export/import option will export all of the integration profiles as well as their CSV definitions.