The summary should speak to the user, why this feature is useful and what are the benefits.
- eVolve tab ⮞ Supports panel ⮞ Hanger Placement button
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Supports panel, click Hanger Placement.
- From the Hanger Placement window, on the Placement tab, select the required Profile and Mode, and set the desired Attach To option from the Options tab, then click OK. If a placement profile has not yet been defined, go to Hanger Settings and build one.
- From the drawing area, select the desired parallel straights to place hangers and click 'Finish'.
Hanger Placement/ Placement tab
NOTE: The Hanger Placement's predefined selection filter can be modified via the Selection Configuration. Please see the link in the Relevant Articles below.
- Profile panel menu - displays a list of available placement profiles
- Mode Panel
- Entire Path - when selected, hangers are placed along the entire connected run.
- Change of Direction - when selected, hangers are placed until a change of direction is reached, like an elbow, tee, cross, etc.
- Single Hanger - allows users to point and click to place a hanger. Note after placing a hanger, the command remains active until canceled by the user so that multiple hangers may be placed.
Hanger Placement/ Options tab
- Attach To panel
- Nearest Structure Overhead radio button - evaluates the host model and all "loaded" linked models and attaches to the nearest structure element.
- Distance Below Level radio button dialog box- evaluates the host model and attaches to the nearest level overhead. The input value reduces the rod length below the level to compensate for the floor thickness.
- Linked Model radio button menu - evaluates the specified linked model and attaches to the nearest structure element. The menu displays a list of all "loaded" linked models.
- Reference Plane radio button menu - evaluates the host model and attaches to the specified Reference Plane.
NOTE: Distance Below Level and Linked Model are only available when using a Family (RFA) based hanger profile.