The Renumber feature allows you to create rule sets for any Fabrication (ITM) or Family (RFA) based element in the project. These rules define which elements are numbered, how the elements are numbered, and if the elements are tagged automatically.
- eVolve tab ⮞ Utilities panel ⮞ Renumber button
IMPORTANT: Ensure the Renumber Configuration is properly set up before renumbering elements.
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Utilities panel, click Renumber.
- From the Renumber Settings window,
- From the Renumber panel, select an option to renumber elements.
- From the Options panel, click the checkbox(s) and click OK.
- From the drawing area, follow the prompts in the Status Bar to complete the command.
When using this feature, you have several options for how to apply the numbers to your selection.
- Renumber Elements - default grouping of elements based on user-defined rules.
- Renumber Elements by Spool - runs the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each spool
- Renumber Elements by Service - (Mechanical only)runs the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each Service Name
- Renumber Elements by Continuous Run - runs the rule set against each connected element in a run based on a user-defined start and end point, ignoring any branching runs. The intent is to number in a straight path throughout the connected run.
NOTE: spool are ignored; elements within spools are selectable as start/end parts. Additionally, any spool parts encountered in the run are treated as regular elements.
- Select Run to Specify Order - this option displays the selection in a temporary view and allows the user to pick the start and endpoint of the run to define the direction in which elements are renumbered.
- Select Objects to Specify Order - this option displays the selection in a temporary view and allows the user to pick each element to define the renumbering order.
Tips and Tricks
- Dynamic naming of spools - blah blah blah
- Automatically creating sheets - blah blah blah