The Renumber feature allows you to create rule sets for any Fabrication (ITM) or Family (RFA) based element in the project. These rules define which elements are numbered, how the elements are numbered, and if the elements are tagged automatically.
IMPORTANT: Ensure the Renumber Configuration is properly set up before renumbering elements.
The Renumber Settings window
When using this feature, you have several options for how to apply the numbers to your selection.
- Renumber Elements - default grouping of elements based on user-defined rules.
- Renumber Elements by Spool - runs the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each spool
- Renumber Elements by Service - (Mechanical only)runs the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each Service Name
- Select Run to Specify Order - this option displays the selection in a temporary view and allows the user to pick the start and endpoint of the run to define the direction in which elements are renumbered.
- Select Objects to Specify Order - this option displays the selection in a temporary view and allows the user to pick each element to define the renumbering order.
NOTE for Mechanical users: After running this feature, if number tags do not appear, check the Renumber Configuration and ensure that the Tag Element checkbox is selected for the intended rule. Otherwise, tags may be placed by using the Number tag in Annotations.