Features of the Equipment Category
The equipment families in eVolve Electrical have unique features designed to help quickly identify parts, manage equipment, and modify schedules. The features highlighted below are utilized in all of eVolve's equipment families. The location of the eVolve Shared Equipment Parameters varies depending on the needs of the equipment and appears as either instance and/or type parameters.
The visibility controls of 3D text may be enabled/disabled within the Visibility/Graphic Overrides.
- eE_3D Text controls text located on equipment, except for the TOP view.
- eE_PlanView Text controls text located on TOP of equipment.
All Visibility Controls are displayed within the type parameters.
Displays Equipment ID
- Equipment_Id - a user definable text parameter displayed in the instance parameters
- Show ID 3D Text - a type parameter which controls visibility
Displays Part number
- Equipment_PartNo - a user definable text parameter displayed in the type parameters
- Show Part No. 3D Text - a type parameter which controls visibility
Displays Tracking Symbol
- Show Tracking Symbol - a type parameter which enables/disables the visibility for the 3D tracking symbols displayed on equipment
- Equipment_Submittal - an instance or type parameter which toggles between the ✔ and ✖ symbols displayed on equipment
Consistent shared dimension parameters
The eVolve Shared Equipment Parameters start with Equipment_ allows all equipment to populate in to one schedule. Also, visibility controls, clearance and size adjustments are typical throughout each family, allowing users to easily make adjustment following the same process.
- All Dimensions are type parameters located in Constraints
- All parameters starting with Equipment_ populate schedules
- The Switchboard family has additional dimension parameters for each section
- The Equipment Schedule is used to easily modify dimensions for each family
The eVolve tracking symbol located on all equipment families can be used as a visual indicator of the status of each equipment within your model.
- May be used as a 3D visual and/or schedule check box for status tracking for each piece of equipment
- Equipment_Submittal - the control parameter which toggles between the ✔ and ✖ symbols displayed on equipment
Front and Top Clearances
- Visibility controls are displayed within the type parameters found under Constraints
- Show Top Clearance - the control parameter which toggles the visibility for the top clearance
- Show Front Clearance - the control parameter which toggles the visibility for the front clearance
- Front Clearance Depth - a type parameter which controls the depth of the front clearance
- Top Clearance Height - an instance parameter which controls the height of the top clearance
- Visibility controls by view may be enabled/disabled within the Visibility/Graphic Overrides
- eE_Clearance Top
- eE_Clearance Front
Assigned materials for another level of visibility control
- From Manage/Materials, all equipment is assigned to eVolve_Equipment material
- Entry windows have a material of eVolve_Entry Window
- 3D text material = eVolve_3D Text