eVolve Cabling Create Run Feature
eVolve Electrical now offers an industry leading feature that will automatically route and draw cable runs and create data to easily be applied into eVolve cable schedules.
Cables can be automatically routed along a definable ceiling height or offset at a definable height above the higher of two connectors. Users also have the option of choosing between several different wire types and can even use their own custom cables.
To Create a New Cable Run
- From the Cabling panel, in the eVolve Electrical ribbon, click the Create Run button.
- From the Create Run window, choose whether to Run at Ceiling Height or Offset Above Devices.
- Select a Cable type and click OK.
- In the project, click on the starting device then click the ending device.
- Repeat for additional runs or select Cancel to end the run.
- These runs can be drawn to and from, moved, and edited like standard drawn cable once loaded.
Creating Families for the Cable Run Feature
The auto-routing capabilities of the create run feature are dependent on three main properties. Compatible types must have at least one cable connector attached, and a face node placed into the part. The third requirement is to keep the prefix “eE_ASM_In_Wall_” as the beginning of each type name that is made to be used as a device with this feature.