Cabling Route Cable Feature
eVolve Electrical now offers an industry-leading feature that will automatically route and draw cable runs and create data to apply to eVolve cable schedules.
Cables can be automatically routed along with a definable ceiling height or offset at a definable height above the higher of two connectors. Users also have the option of choosing between several different wire types and can even use their own custom cables.
NOTE: While using the new auto-routing features, only specific families from the eVolve library can be used. For devices, under the In-Wall Rough category, use Assembly Type 1 and Assembly Type 2, with their multiple subtypes. For a panel, under the Equipment category, use the Panelboard Load Center family.
To Create a New Cable Run
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Cabling panel, click Route Cable.
- From the Route Cable window, choose whether to Run at Ceiling Height or Offset Above Devices.
- Select a Cable type and click OK.
- In the project, click on the starting device then click the ending device.
- Repeat for additional runs or select Cancel to end the run.
- These runs can be drawn to and from, moved, and edited like standard drawn cable once loaded.
TIP: Default bend routing is parallel to the device mounting surface. To load an alternate routing, perpendicular to the device mounting surface, hold the Shift key during Step 4.
Creating Families for the Cable Run Feature
The auto-routing capabilities of the Route Cable feature are dependent on three main properties. Compatible types must have at least one cable connector attached, and a face node placed into the part. The third requirement is to keep the prefix “eE_ASM_In_Wall_” as the beginning of each type name that is made to be used as a device with this feature.