eVolve Cabling Route Cable Feature
eVolve Electrical now offers an industry-leading feature that will automatically route and draw cable runs and create data to easily be applied to eVolve cable schedules.
Cables can be automatically routed along with a definable ceiling height or offset at a definable height above the higher of two connectors. Users also have the option of choosing between several different wire types and can even use their own custom cables.
To Create a New Cable Run
- From the Cabling panel, in the eVolve Electrical ribbon, click the Route Cable button.
- From the Route Cable window, choose whether to Run at Ceiling Height or Offset Above Devices.
- Select a Cable type and click OK.
- In the project, click on the starting device then click the ending device.
- Repeat for additional runs or select Cancel to end the run.
- These runs can be drawn to and from, moved, and edited like standard drawn cable once loaded.
Creating Families for the Cable Run Feature
The auto-routing capabilities of the Route Cable feature are dependent on three main properties. Compatible types must have at least one cable connector attached, and a face node placed into the part. The third requirement is to keep the prefix “eE_ASM_In_Wall_” as the beginning of each type name that is made to be used as a device with this feature.