Settings & Configurations
EVOLVE gives users full control over commands through the use of customizable settings. These options are found in the Settings menu located in the Utilities panel. eVolve Electrical settings consist of project, user, and workstation settings. The project and user settings are stored within the model, while the workstation settings are stored on the local machine.
Project settings reside within the model and are applied globally for all users. Additions, modifications, and deletions to any listed below affect all users contributing to the model.
- Hanger Specifications
- Spool Settings
- Annotation Settings
- Sleeve Settings
The following user settings reside within the model and are specific for each user. Additions, modifications, and deletions to any listed below do not affect other users contributing to the model.
- All options on the Rod Adjustments window
- All options on the Renumber Configuration window
- Spool numbering, the Starting Spool Name for each user is stored within the model
- Point numbering, the last used point number for each user is stored within the model
- Multi-Service Hanger placement
- Element Filters
- Parameter Sync Rules
- Shortcut entries
The following settings are stored on the local machine and are applicable for a project open on the local machine. Modifications to the fields and options listed below will not affect other users on the machine or users contributing to the model.
- Shared Parameter File Location
- Network Default Configurations
- Prompt for Annotation Tag Placement
- Realtime Sync (found in the eVolve Properties grid)
Network Default Project Configurations
Setting up a new project can be a lot of repetitive work, and with multiple users are contributing, this process can quickly become disorganized. To help alleviate conflicts, both project and user settings may be exported from one project and imported into another. While project settings are stored within the model, default configuration files may be placed on your company’s network for all contributors to utilize and aid in setup.
Backing up project and user settings
- From the desired, click Import/Export, then click Export to File.
- From the Save As window, navigate to desired location to save the file, specify a name in the File Name dialog box and click Save.
- From the Notice window, click OK.
Backing up project settings (to share on network)
- From the ribbon, click the eVolve Electrical tab, click the Settings menu in the Utilities panel, and click the desired area.
- Follow the Backing up project and user setting instructions in the section above for all areas in Project Settings.
- After the project settings are exported to an XML file, copy the files to a network location.
Specifying a network location
From Workstation Settings, if a network path is specified in the Network Default Configurations dialog box, eVolve Electrical will not use the supplied default configurations. Furthermore, if a path is specified, the Save as Default, Restore Default, and Import From File options in the Export/Import menu for each project settings will be disabled.
- From the ribbon, click the eVolve Electrical tab, click the Settings menu in the Utilities panel, and click Workstation Settings.
- From the Workstation Settings window, in the Network Default Configurations panel, click Browse.
- From the Browse For Folder window, navigate to the network location where the project setting XML files reside and click OK.
- From the User Settings window, click OK to close the window or Apply to make additional modifications.