Overview of the Create Points window
The Create Points window allows users to quickly define the point's metadata and select the type and number of points to place.
- Family Type menu - contains the following point types that users may place.
- Centerline Point
- Control Point
- Layout Point
- Rectangular Sleeve Point
- Round Sleeve Point
- Point Information panel is used to define metadata meant to identify a particular point or group of points.
- Starting Point Number - the value is written to the Layout_Point_Id parameter. As points are placed they will sequence to the next available number. The numbering may be changed from the Point Manager.
- Point Layer - the value is written to the Layout_Point_Layer parameter.
- Enter a value for Point Description - the value is written to the Layout_Point_Description parameter.
- Point Placement panel
- Single Point - used to place one point.
- Grid Point panel - used to place multiple points.
- Offset Value - defines the distance the point(s) are placed from the center.
- The offset checkboxes allow for one to four points placed.
NOTE: Hold SHIFT + Click to place points within a host element. This functionality only works with families and does not work with ITMs.