Add/Remove Unions (Previously Place Coupling)
Once again, eVolve has added another time-saving feature. Users can now draw conduit runs without fittings, using factory elbows, and at any time click a button to place couplings all along the selected run(s) at chosen increments. This feature can also be used to create bulk offsets by placing a group of Auto Couplings and changing them to offsets afterwards.
The Conduit Couplings Configuration Window
NOTE: The Add/Remove Unions' predefined selection filter can be modified via the Selection Configuration. Please see the link in the Relevant Articles below.
Place Union radio button panel
- Entire Path - places unions along the entire run.
- Change of Direction - places unions from the defined starting point and direction until the direction changes, like an elbow, tee, cross, etc.
- Single Location - allows users to point and click to place a union along the run.
- Spacing - used to specify the spacing between unions. The default spacing is 10’ - 0".
- Minimum Length - if the length of the last straight in the run exceeds the Spacing + Minimum Length, then the union is moved back to ensure the last straight maintains the defined minimum length. For example, if the last straight section is 10' - 6" and the defined spacing is 10' - 0", then the union is placed at 9' 6" instead of 10' - 0" to maintain a 1' - 0" minimum length at the end of the run.
Delete Union radio button panel
- Entire Path - removes all unions along the entire conduit run
- Change of Direction - removes all unions from the defined starting point and direction until the direction changes, like an elbow, tee, cross, etc.
Using the Auto Coupling Feature
- From the eVolve Electrical Ribbon, in the Conduit panel, click the Auto Coupling button
- From the active Project View, select the conduit run/s to add couplings to
- Click Finish
- When the Conduit Couplings Configuration window appears, select a Placement Mode, the desired coupling Spacing, and click OK.
- In the active Project View, click toward the left or right of the view to show which direction to implement the change. (If not Entire Path)
TIP: When modeling with eVolve Electricals advanced conduit tools, such as optimize bends and auto-couplings, we recommend using the following workflow:
- Model conduit runs utilizing our smart bend families. (Without adjusting them)
- Use Align Conduit when necessary for conduit spacing
- Optimize the bends using Consume Selected End and/or Consume Adjacent Ends commands and make any adjustments
- Use Align Couplings to align the bend couplings
- Use Place Couplings to place couplings along the run (We recommend using the "Change of Direction" option when using this workflow and using steps 2-5 section by section)